Mushroom Flan with Basil. Turning heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and continue to sauté and stir until softened. Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and basil to mushrooms and garlic. This savory dish will be an exciting change from your usual vegetable quiche; it's flavored with basil pesto.
Basically, the summertime breakfast quiche to end all breakfast quiches. Peak summer, peak quiche—it's all of the things. Easy vegetarian basil recipes your whole family will love, from the award-winning Love and Lemons blog! You can have Mushroom Flan with Basil using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Flan with Basil
- It’s 6 of walnuts.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil.
- It’s 1 lb of button mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter plus more for ramekins.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of half-and-half.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s pinch of five-spice powder.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
So the time and mess used to fry them doesn't serve much useful purpose. I just love the combination of tomatoes, cheese and basil. I had eggs I needed to use and lots of fresh basil, so this quiche was a no-brainer. I used a store-bought crust to slash the time… so easy!
Mushroom Flan with Basil instructions
- Shell & crush 5 walnuts, reserve the 6th. Rinse the basil & chop half. Lightly rinse, dry, & dice mushrooms. Saute in a tablespoon of butter for 10 mins over high heat..
- Preheat the oven to 350° & butter the 4 ramekins. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the half-and-half, sour cream, five-spice powder, salt & pepper. Add the mushrooms, peeled & crushed garlic, crushed walnuts & the chopped basil. Pour into the ramekins. Bake for 20 mins..
- In a food processor, blend a few basil leaves with lemon juice & place in a pan over low heat. Whisk the remaining butter in gradually until incorporated. Season with salt & pepper..
- Invert the flans into plates surrounded by basil butter, and garnished with the remaining basil leaves & 1/4 walnut..
Quiche freezes incredibly well, so it's a perfect make-ahead meal. I make this recipe with fresh-picked strawberries and fresh basil grown in my own herb garden. This unique sweet and savory jam makes a perfect gift—just add a bright ribbon around the top with a gift tag! So filling and comforting, yet easy as pie to make. We love the mini quiche recipe that I shared previously for keeping a stash in the freezer ready to go, but there is something delectable about a fresh from the oven quiche recipe with a flaky crust.