Eve's pudding. Eve's pudding is a deliciously comforting combination of stewed apples and sponge. Serve with plenty of custard or cream. A layer of stewed apples is topped with a vanilla sponge for the ultimate comfort food.
Every time I see Bramley apples in the supermarket I reach out and buy another. Eve's Pudding is a traditional British apple dessert which entails a cake-like topping on baked apples. Served with custard, it's another brilliant "keeper" of a recipe. You can have Eve's pudding using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eve's pudding
- Prepare of Apple pudding.
- Prepare 400 grams of cooking apples.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 75 grams of brown sugar.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 100 grams of butter.
- It’s 100 grams of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 100 grams of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon zest.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 tbsp of milk.
At some time or another, you've probably heard someone talking about stereotypically "bad British food", right? Although Eve's Pudding is traditionally made with Bramley Apples, Dessert Apples will work just as well, as you're not introducing any additional sugar. If you choose a variety such as Bramley, which is a very sour variety, you may want to add sugar to taste. I looked around at a few recipes and as usual some are much more fussy and complicated than others.
Eve's pudding instructions
- Peel apples, remove cores. Cut slices and place in buttered form. Use clay form if possible..
- Add lemon juice and sugar, stir manually and form a uniform flat layer..
- Add jam or berries to taste..
- In a mixer mix butter and sugar until foamy.
- Slowly add eggs while mixing.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Add the rest, concluding with the milk..
- Pour batter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Serve fresh and hot, with a spoon of ice-cream or mascarpone.
In my opinion, Eve's Pudding really is a recipe to keep as simple as possible. It is just slices of apples underneath, and a sponge mixture on the top. This traditional baked pudding dates back to the. Zesty yet sweet apple and sponge pudding. Subscribe to Dish to save recipes.