Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding. Break up the bread into small portions. This Jamaican bread pudding recipe is easy to follow and it will yield you a great tasting Jamaican bread pudding. Remember when your mother or grandmother used to use the excess bread to make Bread Pudding?
I started making cooking lesson videos to teach my daughters how to make traditional. Jamaican Bread Pudding Jamaican Banana Bread mmmm. Even the novice can make Jamaican bread pudding taste good. You can have Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding
- It’s 12 slice of Bread (Cut in small cubes).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 can of fruit cocktail mix (drained).
- Prepare of Custard.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 quart of Cow's Milk.
- You need 5 medium of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 2/3 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of rum or rum cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of sherry.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 oz of rum (optional).
This is one of the easiest Jamaican dessert recipes. Then there's a good chance you're gonna love this one. That was when I made this INCREDIBLE recipe below and have enjoyed it ever since! From Jamaicans.com; I haven't tried it yet.
Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding step by step
- Heat oven at 350 ° F.
- Grease a med bread pan with butter.
- Combine bread cubes, cocktail mix and cinnamon in a container..
- Place coated cubes and fruits in Greased pan..
- Heat and cool milk then mix with all other ingredients for custard..
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes..
- Allow to rest for 15-20mins so cubes may absorb the custard..
- Bake for 45-50mins.
- Combine ingredients for glaze over flame in a small saucepan until slightly thicken..
- Take pudding from oven, brush with glaze and put to cool..
- ENJOY with a scoop of your favorite ice cream :-).
Mix all ingredients together. over hot bread pudding. Cut bread in cubes; place in bowl.. and water until smooth. Add rum or whiskey to flavor. When ready to serve, spoon hard sauce over pudding. This Jamaican sweet potato pudding recipe is a vegan spin on this popular dessert enjoyed in Jamaica and the Caribbean throughout the year.