Bread pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. Find Recipe For Simple Bread Pudding. This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture.
Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. This bread pudding is the best I have ever tasted. My husband loves bread pudding and is never satisfied with what I make. You can cook Bread pudding using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- It’s of bread pudding.
- It’s 1 dash of ginger (optional).
- It’s 1 loaf of sara lee cinnamon &raisan bread (16 pieces).
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of vanilla extract.
- You need of The sauce.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 7 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
I made your bread pudding and he was raving. He almost ate half of the pan. My grandson was here at the time and he kept wanting more. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread.
Bread pudding step by step
- Set oven to 350º Mix milk, eggs, sugar, butter, and tbe rest of dry ingredients. Mix and add all torn up 16 pieces of bread. Mix add to a greased 9" by 13" pan. Place in oven for 40 minutes..
- For sauce, combine water, sugar, flour, until smooth. Add butter, bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over pudding.
Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food. Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding.