Kahlúa Bread Pudding. A rich and decadent bread pudding recipe featuring eggy challah, raisins or chocolate chips, and luscious Kahlua cream sauce. This is a very chocolatly bread pudding with a taste of kahlua. Serve this warm treat with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Kahlua Chocolate Bread Pudding recipe: Everybody in Mexico loves chocolate, which is often partnered with the taste of cinnamon and coffee. Here, those three flavors combine in a bread. Add in Your Chocolate Kisses or Chips and Mix By. You can cook Kahlúa Bread Pudding using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kahlúa Bread Pudding
- You need of Custard.
- You need 1 cup of Kahlúa.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 8 of eggs (8-10 depending on the size of eggs used).
- You need 1 loaf of bread – A good dense white bread works best.
- You need 1/2 cup of Craisins (dried cranberries).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds (slivered or ground).
- You need of Ganache (optional).
- You need 2 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
Chocolate kahlua bread pudding is bursting with chocolate flavour and a truly special morning treat. Bread pudding is a great way to use up days old bread! So feel free to use whatever you have on. If you love bread pudding my Cranberry Egg Nog bread pudding would be a hit in the fall and holiday season Allow the bread pudding to cool some, but serve it warm with the Kahlua Creme Anglaise.
Kahlúa Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut enough bread into small cubes to loosely fill the pan. (You can over fill it a bit if using a fluffier bread).
- Mix Kahlúa, heavy cream, cinnamon and optional spices in a 4 cup container.
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly until it is dissolved. Taste and add more sugar if not sweet enough for you..
- In a separate container scramble eggs. You need enough to bring your custard to 4 cups..
- Add eggs to Kahlúa/cream mixture and blend thoroughly..
- Pour custard mixture over bread cubes..
- Sprinkle craisins and almonds evenly over bread/custard..
- Press bread cubes down into the custard until all the bread is soaked. If using a dense bread you may need to let it sit for about 30 minutes to let the custard soak in completely..
- Bake for 50 to 70 minutes. It will rise well above the pan rim. It's done when it feels dry on top and doesn't sound squishy when pressed in the middle..
- For optional Ganache, heat cream to about 190°F in stainless steel bowl over a pan of boiling water..
- Remove cream from heat and put chocolate chips into got cream and add a pinch of salt. Do not stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes. Gently stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny..
- Turn pot of water down to a low simmer and return the bowl of Ganache to hold warm until needed. DO NOT let any water get into Ganache..
- Drizzle warm Ganache over bread pudding just before serving..
Kahlúa Bread Pudding w/ White. click here to see more like this. Challah Bread Pudding with Kahlua Cream SauceBarefeet In The Kitchen. Old Fashioned Challah Bread Pudding with Whiskey SauceClimbing Grier Mountain. The bread pudding and Kahlua sauce went perfect with some vanilla bean ice cream. Kahlua brings a mild coffee flavor to the heavenly chocolate sauce.—Cheryl Tucker, Houston, Texas.