Momma's Rice Pudding. How can I thin rice pudding? Rice puddings tend to thicken as they cool. To thin when reheating, stir in a tablespoon or two of milk.
The egg whites could be made into a. Rice pudding made with my mama, so you know it's made the right way! Rice Pudding, Rice Pudding Popsicles, Grandma Geri's Old Fashioned Creamy Rice Pudding. You can have Momma's Rice Pudding using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Momma's Rice Pudding
- It’s 2 cup of left over cooked rice.
- You need 1 of butter or marg.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of or to taste, granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Rice Pudding Condensed Milk Evaporated Milk Recipes. I don't make rice pudding very often, but whenever I do, I always stop dead in my tracks and Easy, delicious, decadent rice pudding with a caramel-pecan topping. Variants are used for either desserts or dinners. Homemade Rice Pudding takes milk, rice, and sugar and produces a wonderfully sweet and Rice Pudding meets all the criteria of a comfort food.
Momma's Rice Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Butter bottom and sides of 8×8 glass baking dish well..
- In separate bowl put rice and raisins and mix well. Add in spices and mix well again..
- Put rice mix in baking dish. Dont press down too hard..
- Beat eggs well then add sugar and beat again to incorporate, then add milk and beat again to mixe thoroughly. Gently pour over rice mix in baking dish..
- Add a couple of small dabs of butter on the top of rice mix. Put lid on baking dish and place in oven to bake for about an hour..
- Take lid off of dish and continue to bake til top gets deep golden and slightly crispy. About 15-20 minutes more..
- Cool slightly and serve plain, with whipped cream, ice cream, or carmel sauce!! Wonderful!!!.
- This is more like a custard sauce, but if you want it creamier, take out one or two eggs..
That is, it evokes feelings of nostalgia, it is simple to. I made this rice pudding in a very Indian way with cardamom, saffron and nuts. And I also topped with some sliced almonds and fresh mango. This Almond Milk Rice Pudding tastes best when chilled. This Almond Milk Rice Pudding is an easy Middle-Eastern dessert recipe that is dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free.