Healthy bread pudding for breakfast. Visit the Official Pop-Tarts® Website For a Full List of Pop-Tarts® Flavors. Remove and discard crusts from bread; cut bread into cubes. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
This time of year, I'm craving all sorts of apple and pumpkin treats and your bread pudding has me all excited. Enjoy this healthier version – which features whole wheat bread, reduced sugar, and apple or pear – for breakfast or dessert! Skip the photo tutorial – Jump straight to the recipe. You can cook Healthy bread pudding for breakfast using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy bread pudding for breakfast
- It’s 4 slice of bread.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 220 ml of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of salt.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of salted butter.
- Prepare of raisins.
- Prepare of cooking spray.
This bread pudding actually tastes a lot like french toast, but with decidedly less effort to make a big batch for a crowd. All you need to do is tear up the bread, mix some eggs and milk, dump it over the bread- and bake. It's also a really fun recipe to make with kids! In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into bread mixture.
Healthy bread pudding for breakfast step by step
- Prepare two small bowls with cooking spray or salted butter..
- Buttered the slices bread and chop it to 4 parts (square).
- To make the milk mixture ; Break the egg into a bowl, add vanilla extract, salt and 1 teablespoon of granulated sugar, stir it until combine. Then add the milk and mix well..
- Pour little of the milk mixture into the bowls, put one part of chopped bread on it, add some raisin, pour again the milk mixture and repeat this process three times and then covered with bread on top, add 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar into each bowls and add some raisins..
- Steam it about 10-15 minutes. Check it, If the bread pudding were raising and no liquid left, means it is done (:.
This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture. Christmas time can inspire a bread pudding by simply substituting a good-quality eggnog for the milk (or part of it). Also add a pinch of nutmeg and mace to produce a sumptuous holiday dessert. Add eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread. Serve warm or at room temperature.