Original nilla banana pudding. Find Deals on Nilla Banana Pudding in Snack Food on Amazon. Try Drive Up, Pick Up, or Same Day Delivery. Be the first to rate and review this recipe.
For a while, every year, my folks would rent a cabin on Big Spirit Lake in Iowa, sometimes with my cousins. Maybe I was five, maybe six, and this was an old green, peeling paint kind cabin, the front porch converted to bunk beds, right on the lake. This is the Banana Pudding that my mom made. You can have Original nilla banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Original nilla banana pudding
- You need of what you need:.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour dash of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs seperated.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 45 of NILLA Wafers,divided.
- You need 5 of bananas,sliced.
She got the recipe off the Nabisco Vanilla Wafer box. Mama would usually make banana pudding for Sunday or other special dinners.. Nilla Wafers layered with banana slices and instant pudding and topped with whipped cream. Real Southern no-bake trifle treat for hot summer days!
Original nilla banana pudding instructions
- heat oven 350°f.
- mix 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt on top of double boiler.Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water 10 to 15 min or until thickened. stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- place a small amount of custard at bottom of baking dish. Then line Nillas Wafer 1/3 of dish with bananas then pouring over small amounts of custard then repeat 3x till it reaches edge..
- Beat remaining egg whites high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form . Spread over custard. sealing well to edge of dish.
- bake 15 to 20 min or until lightly brown. cool slightly and serve with reservered wafers just before serving..
Easy Banana Pudding Divas Can Cook. This Original NILLA Banana Pudding, with its airy custard and delicioso banana goodness, will please your merienda guests – young and old alike. Previously, sponge cake or lady finger cookies were main ingredients in banana pudding. I read through ALL the reviews, made a couple of recommended changes, and now have the best recipe for banana pudding that we've ever had. Otherwise, it was the same as the recipe.