Savory Bread Pudding. Find Deals on Bruces Bread Pudding Mix in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Good bread, great cheese, olive oil and fresh rosemary infuse the entire dish with great flavor.
This savory bread pudding, loaded with sweet squash, is based on a recipe meat master Bruce Aidells's wife, Nancy Oakes, created at her restaurant, Boulevard. It's a great accompaniment to the. What sets our bread pudding apart from the crowd is the mélange of cooked vegetables that give the dish a fresh, healthy feel. You can have Savory Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- You need 2 cup of croutons (I used Fresh Gourmet Classic Ceasar).
- Prepare 2 large of eggs ( OR 3 small ones).
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped mushroom (I used canned you can use fresh).
- You need 1 cup of chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried parsley (you can use fresh).
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Like a hearty quiche or scramble, the bell peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes combine with the eggs for a light, refreshing texture that is perfect for the brunch table. Bread pudding is usually sweet, but it can be made savory too. This version, brimming with sweet pork sausage and sharp cheddar, is deeply flavored with a crisp, golden crust and tender, creamy interior. Slideshow: More Savory Bread Pudding Recipes.
Savory Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Measure out croutons. Beat eggs add the milk–salt and pepper to taste.Pour milk mixture over the croutons. Leave to soak for 10 minutes..
- Add the onion, broccoli, mushroom, 3/4 cups of cheese and the parsley – mix well..
- Add the melted butter–turn to coat.. Put into a greased dish, topped with the rest of cheese and freshly ground black pepper — bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and serve ..
Mention bread pudding, and most people think of dessert. A frugal way to use stale bread, bread pudding combines convenience with the appeal of comfort food―a solution to the problem of dinner on a cool fall evening. It's equally comforting turned savory, enriched with cheese and studded with vegetables. Bring a medium or large pot of water to a boil, salt generously and add the kale. Savory bread pudding is that, but you guessed it… with savory flavors!