Momma's Bread Pudding. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, heat milk until bubbles just begin to form at edges. Pour bread pudding into prepared baking dish.
Southern bread pudding is made with cubed bread tossed in a simple custard with raisins and baked until golden. This easy dessert is often served with a bread pudding sauce. The recipe for bread pudding varies in different countries. You can cook Momma's Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Momma's Bread Pudding
- You need 1 loaf of raisin bread(thick slice is best).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of butter or margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
Here is some of what you can expect when tasting this dessert in different parts of the world. Belgium: Bread pudding is made with stale bread, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins or apples. Canada: The Canadians use maple syrup in their bread pudding recipes. Mixture should fill the bread pan.
Momma's Bread Pudding step by step
- preheat oven to 350*.
- butter sides and bottom of 8×8"or 9×9" square pan..
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Put first layer with butter side down in pan, fitting to cover bottom!!.
- Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar..
- Add next layer of bread with butter side UP this time.Sprinkle with remainder of spices and sugar..
- Beat eggs well, add a tiny pinch of salt and milk and be sure to blend well.Pour gently over bread in pan and let soak in before putting in oven..
- Bake at 350* for about an hour till golden and slightly crusty on top. Serve with carmel sauce, whipped cream or ice cream. ENJOY!!!!.
Bread pudding is done when a knife inserted in center comes out clean. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with a mixer at medium speed until thickened and smooth. It's just not banana pudding if it isn't my Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding recipe! This banana pudding recipe calls for bananas, french vanilla instant pudding, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, cream cheese, and cookies. Momma's Bread Pudding: I will refer to as a Depression-Era recipe.