Savory Bread Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Good bread, great cheese, olive oil and fresh rosemary infuse the entire dish with great flavor. This is the fourth of five finalist recipes for the Dairy Contest, the winner of which will be announced this Monday (Labor Day!) This recipe, submitted by Dani, appealed to me on many levels, not the least of which was that it resembles a similar recipe I've made before, which I love and gobble up unabashedly.
How To Make Savory Bread Pudding. Whisk together the eggs, half and half (or milk), salt and pepper. Stir in bread, ham, and cheese. You can cook Savory Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- It’s 3 tsp of Chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Grated mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese.
- You need 10 loaf of Stale White bread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Any chopped meat you like.
This savory bread pudding, loaded with sweet squash, is based on a recipe meat master Bruce Aidells's wife, Nancy Oakes, created at her restaurant, Boulevard. It's a great accompaniment to the. Wrap any leftover pudding tightly with plastic and refrigerate. What sets our bread pudding apart from the crowd is the mélange of cooked vegetables that give the dish a fresh, healthy feel.
Savory Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, bouillon and cheeses..
- Cut the bread to small bite pieces. I used my own honey cinnamon dinner roll for this so it's more incorporated since it crumbled more..
- Dump the bread pieces to the egg mixture, add a little bit of water if it's too thick.
- Pour the mixture to the casserole pan, and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Done 🙂 serve hot.
Like a hearty quiche or scramble, the bell peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes combine with the eggs for a light, refreshing texture that is perfect for the brunch table. Bread pudding is usually sweet, but it can be made savory too. This version, brimming with sweet pork sausage and sharp cheddar, is deeply flavored with a crisp, golden crust and tender, creamy interior. Mention bread pudding, and most people think of dessert. A frugal way to use stale bread, bread pudding combines convenience with the appeal of comfort food―a solution to the problem of dinner on a cool fall evening.