Banana Pudding (momma style). In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding (or Chessman Banana Pudding) is the ultimate fluffy, light, and creamy banana pudding recipe. The fresh sliced bananas, french vanilla pudding, Cool Whip and of course, delicious Chessman cookies make this an easy no-bake recipe!
We are in the middle of a pandemic, but this weekend is still Easter! This recipe for my Mama's famous Banana Pudding has layers of fresh bananas, creamy pudding, vanilla wafers & whipped cream. With one secret ingredient, you will be on your way to making the best banana pudding, ever! You can have Banana Pudding (momma style) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding (momma style)
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs, seperated.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 45 of nilla wafers, divided.
Banana Pudding (momma style) step by step. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Blend milk with pudding mix well with an electric mixer. Beat cream cheese and condensed milk together in a bowl until smooth; fold in Cool Whip.
Banana Pudding (momma style) step by step
- Heat oven to 350oF.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, flour and salt in top of double boiler. Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook, uncovered, over boiling water 10 to 20 mince or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla..
- RESERVE 12 wafers for garnish. SPREAD 1 1/2 Quart baking dish. Cover with layers of 1/3 each of the remaining wafers, bananas and remaining custard. Repeat layers 2 times..
- Beat egg whites on high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over custard sealing well to edge of dish..
- BAKE 15 to 20 min or until lightly browned. Cool slightly Top with reserved wafers just before serving..
- MAKE AHEAD. PREPARE AS DIRECTED, COOL COMPLETELY. REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO SERVE. TOP WITH RESERVED WAFERS JUST BEFORE SERVING.
Add to pudding mixture, stirring until well blended. In today's video, Paula shows off one of her most popular recipes that's super easy to make and requires no cooking! This Paula Deen Banana Pudding Recipe aka Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding is very close to my heart. I make it every Easter and for BBQs and family events. Hands down, the very best part of this banana pudding is the texture.