Basic Bread Pudding no fancy ingredients. Want To Learn How To Make Delicious Pudding? This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture. Christmas time can inspire a bread pudding by simply substituting a good-quality eggnog for the milk (or part of it).
Add eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread. Serve warm or at room temperature. Arrange the bread cubes tightly in the prepared baking dish. You can have Basic Bread Pudding no fancy ingredients using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Bread Pudding no fancy ingredients
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of sliced white bread.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tsp of allspice.
Let's face it: Bread pudding is not the most exciting dessert in the world. It often looks like a gloppy mess, and its main ingredient is stale bread. In fact, bread pudding is essentially a conduit for leftover bread; in thrifty (or poor) households throughout the world, and in mindful restaurants, it's a way to use bread whose crust has hardened but whose dough still has a bit of. Mix milk and ¼ cup condensed milk and set aside.
Basic Bread Pudding no fancy ingredients instructions
- preheat top broiler.
- cut bread into bite sized squares.
- place bread on a cookie sheet and place in oven for 3-6 minutes or until the bread is hard and toasty..
- beat the eggs and combine sugar, vanilla extract, and spices.
- combine regular milk and evaporated milk and heat both until warm..
- when bread is toasted, put the bread in a glass Pyrex baking container.
- combine egg mixture and milk with bread in Pyrex pot. stir and let stand for 10-15 minutes..
- place in oven at 350° for 40 minutes, or until pudding is firm and a fork comes out clean when inserted in pudding..
Take cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Take a pan, dip bread slices in milk and arrange in the pan. While the bread pudding is baking, make the bourbon sauce. Add the brown sugar, heavy cream and bourbon and stir to combine. Continue to stir until all the sugar has dissolved.