Sticky date pudding. Sticky Date Pudding – you're my favourite and always will be. Sprinkle with extra salt to serve. + You can freeze the pudding (before saucing) – just wrap in. This sticky date pudding meets all expectations.
Transfer the dates and any liquid to a food processor and puree until very smooth. Review Body: I've been trying out various STPs and this is the best version of sticky toffee pudding I've tried. Sticky Date Pudding is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. You can cook Sticky date pudding using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sticky date pudding
- It’s 300 g of dates, chopped, equivalent to 1.75 cups.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- It’s 100 g of brown sugar, soft, equivalent to 1/2 cup.
- You need 230 g of flour, self-raising, equivalent to 1.5 cups.
- It’s 90 g of low fat margarine.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of water.
Our low cost HFG makeover, low calorie sticky date pudding recipe is a real treat! Deliciously moreish, it will become your secret weapon for dinner parties and special occasions. Sticky date pudding is a properly good pud. Our recipe is easy, failsafe and comes with an irresistible toffee sauce.
Sticky date pudding step by step
- In a small saucepan, place the dates with the water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft..
- Stir in the vanilla essence and bicarbonate, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Beat the margarine and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Gradually add the whole egg and egg white, beating well after each addition..
- Fold in the flours and the date mixture in 2 batches..
- Lightly grease the base and sides of your pudding pan..
- Pour the prepared mixtures into the greased pudding pan and bake in a preheated oven (180 degrees Celsius) for 50 minutes..
- Cool in the pudding pan for 10 minutes before turning out. Serve with your favorite fruit syrup or ice cream!.
- Enjoy! :).
Perfect for when you're stuck indoors and need a big dose of comfort! It's very easy, and I can guarantee this Yesterday, I baked a sticky English date pudding with toffee. It was delicious. (Redirected from Sticky date pudding). Sticky toffee pudding is an English dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream. A delicious recipe for sticky date pudding with toffee sauce, that is vegan.