Mamas Homemade Banana Pudding. Banana Pudding HOMEMADE from Scratch Recipe. Perfect for Christmas or any Holiday ! So easy, a lot easier than you would think.
By real I mean the kind where you make the pudding from scratch and pour it warm over a bowl of yummy Nilla wafers and fresh cut bananas. Banana Pudding just like Grandma use to make. How to make real Old Fashioned Homemade Banana Pudding! You can have Mamas Homemade Banana Pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mamas Homemade Banana Pudding
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of vanilla flavor.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (seperated).
- It’s 4 of bananas.
- It’s 1 box of nilla wafers.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a. What sets this banana pudding apart from contemporary versions is the silky homemade egg custard. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. It's time for a creamy treat, kids!
Mamas Homemade Banana Pudding instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- seperate 4 large eggs in 2 seperate containers.
- (for pudding) use pre seperated yolks, wisk together 4 cups milk, half cup sugar, yolks, and 1 cup flour. cook in sauce pan stirring constantly so pudding wont lump, when slightly thick, remove from heat, add 2 Tbsp vanilla flavor then sat aside.
- line deep dish with layers of nilla wafers and thin banana slices, pour pudding on top, making sure pudding gets between all the cookies..
- (for marainge topping) take egg white, wisk at top speed til yolk is white and firm, wisk in half cup sugar (or sweeten to taste) and 2 Tbsp vanilla flavor. spread topping over pudding then bake for 10-15.minutes or until tips of marainge are golden brown..
- let sit for 1 hour or refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, then enjoy!.
This was one of my favorite desserts when I was wee, perhaps tied with pistachio My mom and grandma used boxed pudding mix those many years ago and while I honestly believe that boxed pudding is delicious, it also does. My Granny had the Best Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe ever and I can't wait to share it with you today! Her secret addition was to fold meringue into the pudding as well as adding it to the top. How to Make Paula Deen's Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.