Bread and Butter Pudding (Y). Arrange the remaining bread on top, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. The bread can sit in the egg mixture for ten minutes or a few hours. Long soak times will allow the egg mixture to penetrate deep into the bread.
It's so easy to make and the ingredients are cheap and readily available. Any type of bread can be used – white, wheat, french, brioche, croissants or even hamburger and hot dog buns. Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl; mix in granulated sugar, vanilla and salt. You can cook Bread and Butter Pudding (Y) using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread and Butter Pudding (Y)
- You need 1 of White bread loaf.
- Prepare 1 of Margarine.
- You need 1 of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare 200 grams of of Raisins and Saltanas.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 5 cup of of Milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of Cinnamon.
Stir in milk; pour over bread. Slightly stale bread works a bit better because it doesn't soak through instantly and turn into mush. It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream.
Bread and Butter Pudding (Y) step by step
- I would recommend trying to use a deep cassarole dish to make this as you can make a large amount..
- preheat the oven to Gas mark 3, 162 oc.
- Do a layer at a time as you can use a cut up slice of bread to fill in the gaps and save any waste of food..
- Firstly begin by buttering the bread for the first layer to prevent any waste. Apply marg to both sides of the bread then remove the crusts by cutting them off. Place the bread into the cassarole dish making sure you fill the gaps up also..
- Sprinkle the bread with raisins and saltanas. Use as many as you like or none at all. Then drizzle as much golden syrup over the bread depending how much you would prefer to use. (I would recommend 2 teaspoons per layer).
- Repeat this process till you get to the top layer. On the top layer just use golden syrup as the raisins and saltanas could burn..
- Crack all 5 eggs together in a bowl and whisk well..
- Add all the milk in a pan and heat till it almost starts bubbling. Take it off the heat and add to the beaten eggs. Mix well..
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract to the milk and eggs. Mix well..
- Once that has been made you are able to pour the mixture gradually over the bread. Pour a small amount at a time checking that the mixture is passing through..
- Once the mixture has all been added, smooth the top layer off for the bread to fuss..
- Place in oven for 30-35 mins on gas mark 3 on the top shelf..
- After that time of cooking, lower the gas mark down to gas mark 2 and move the dish to the bottom shelf. Cook for a further 15-20 mins..
- Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 mins before tucking in. Enjoy ;).
Serve the pudding while still warm in individual dessert bowls. It is eaten plain or with cream poured over it. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. I'd like to try this recipe but have no clue what the ingredient "mixed spice" would be.. Apply marg to both sides of the bread then remove the crusts by cutting them off.