Raisin Bread Pudding. Our Raisin Wheat Bread is always sprouted, full of flavor, & nothing but nutritious. Angelic Bakehouse is free of milk, eggs, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, & sesame. Pour milk-egg mixture over bread cubes and raisins.
Up until I shared my Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff recipe, I didn't think I'd ever had bread pudding. Bread Pudding with Raisin Bread – Individual bread pudding with pecans and raisin bread, comfort food at its finest. It was a lot of bread, so I thought that it would make a perfect bread for bread pudding. You can cook Raisin Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raisin Bread Pudding
- It’s of Raisin Bread: 3-4 bread slices , cubed.
- You need 2 cups of Milk :.
- You need 2 of Eggs :.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of Sugar :.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract :.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon :.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pecans Walnuts : or.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Butter :.
Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. While some variations add serious sophistication to this traditionally thrifty dessert, this recipe for homemade bread pudding with raisins is all about homey simplicity.
Raisin Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Butter your dish or ramekins with butter.
- Place the bread cubes in them.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together and pour over the bread.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top and some more cinnamon if you would like.
- Let the bread soak for 15mins in the milk mixture before baking it.
- It should take about 45mins.
- When the top springs back when tapped, the pudding is done!.
For centuries, frugal cooks around the world devised similar methods to use up old bread. PLACE cups in a shallow baking pan. Add hot tap water to baking pan until halfway up sides of. Place bread cubes in baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, eggs, sugar, and salt.