Bread and butter pudding with jam and cranberries. Once cool, pour into sterilised jam jars. You could also swap the cranberries out for. There are a number of Bread Bread prepared with the jam ready for the Bread and Jam Pudding
I didn't bother to seal the jars, because I figure we will finish off the batch inside of the week. Cut the edges, then cut into slices or strips. I used my homemade strawberry jam. cover with another bread. trim the crust. You can cook Bread and butter pudding with jam and cranberries using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread and butter pudding with jam and cranberries
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 400 ml of milk (I mixed ⅓ cream with ⅔ milk).
- You need 2-3 TBS of sugar.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need 2 of bread rolls/3 slices bread.
- It’s of Apricot jam.
- You need of Dried cranberries.
Bring cranberries, sugar, and water to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Firmly press half of dough evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Spread with jam, then sprinkle on. Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels – My most asked for and loved Holiday cookie-dessert!
Bread and butter pudding with jam and cranberries step by step
- Cut rolls/bread in half..
- Spread both butter and jam generously over the bread. Sprinkle over 1 TSP dried cranberries over each piece..
- Place bread evenly in a loaf tin or similar small baking dish..
- Whisk together egg, milk and sugar, till sugar has dissolved, then pour over bread. Dunk bread pieces into egg mixture to saturate each slice well. Or leave to soak for 10-15 mins in fridge..
- Bake in preheated oven at low heat at gas 3 or 170°c for 30mins until egg mixture has set..
- Delicious hot or cold, on its own or with cream..
- Variations: choose whichever jam or marmalade you prefer, and whichever dried fruit or nuts you may like..
Pie dough wrapped around a rich cranberry & walnut filling. What I like best about this jam is that tastes a lot like orange marmalade, but it only takes a fraction of the work to make. The secret is to pulse whole unpeeled oranges into a pulp in the food processor. Jam sponge pudding is one of life's simple pleasures, and you can never have too many simple pleasures! Tart cranberries and sweet orange juice combine to make this Cranberry Orange Bread that is perfect for breakfast or brunch, or even for dessert!