Banana Bread and Butter Pudding. Heather Ho incorporates one of her favorite Hawaiian fruits—bananas—into these warm puddings in caramel sauce. Bread, bananas and chocolate chips are featured in this bread pudding. I thought the idea of chocolate banana bread pudding sounded great.
Day-old bread works best in this recipe. It's a recipe from Southern Living and hands down it is one of the best bread The sandwiches are then cut into little cubes to be used for the bread pudding. Cook on each side until golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with remaining. You can cook Banana Bread and Butter Pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread and Butter Pudding
- Prepare 1 of french bread.
- Prepare 1 of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of bananas.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 870 ml of milk (or 3/4 pint).
- It’s 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of good vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of nutmeg.
Have you ever made bread pudding from banana bread? I was asked to come up with some easy holiday food ideas by Foodworks, an Australian supermarket chain. Bread – can use french bread or a loaf of. Cut the slices in half diagonally and arrange them in the prepared baking dish.
Banana Bread and Butter Pudding step by step
- Grease a baking dish with butter..
- slice the french bread and butter the slices. Slice the bananas. Arrange the bread and bananas in the baking dish..
- To make the custard = Heat the milk in a sauce pan with the cinnamon stick and vanilla essence / seeds of vanilla pod. Meanwhile, in a jug, mix the egg yolks and sugar and beat well. Take the milk off the heat just as it begins to boil. Pour into the egg and sugar mix stirring well all the while. When it is mixed well, pour back into the saucepan and simmer for 4-5 mins untill it thickens slightly..
- Pour the custard over the bread and banana so level is just below the tip of the bread, keeping some back for serving later on. Sprinkle the nutmeg over the top. Bake for half hour on 175°F. Serve with remaining custard..
Pour the liquid over the bread and allow it to soak through for a few seconds, then use the back of a spoon to squidge everything into the liquid. Heat a quarter of the remaining. Build the trifle: Spread one-third of the pudding mixture onto the bottom of the trifle dish. Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. Easy to make, no need for a mixer!