Carrot_kheer. Carrot kheer, also known as carrot payasam, is a sweet milky pudding perfect for any special occasion. It's really easy to make too! You just toss a few ingredients into your instant pot and cook!
Warm and comforting flavors, visually appealing, rich and sweet, carrot kheer lends a striking dash of. Carrot payasam or carrot kheer is an easy sweet dessert recipe you can make for any occasion or whenever you want to pamper yourself. Generally kheer recipes are made during festive occasions. You can have Carrot_kheer using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot_kheer
- You need of 🥕2 medium Carrots or (1 cup grated Carrots).
- Prepare of 🥕2 tablespoons Ghee.
- Prepare of 🥕1½ cups Milk.
- It’s of 🥕2 tablespoons Condensed Milk.
- You need pieces of 🥕5-6 Cashew Nuts, broken into two-three.
- It’s of 🥕8-10 Raisins, optional.
- Prepare of 🥕1 tablespoon Sugar.
- Prepare of 🥕1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi).
Carrot kheer or Gajar ki kheer is a healthy and delectable sweet pudding made up of sweet organic carrots, milk and jaggery. This carrot kheer tastes as delicious as it looks. This carrot kheer recipe tastes excellent and suitable for all festivals. Also this carrot payasam This carrot kheer recipe is a very easy one.
- 🥕step-1 Peel and grate carrots or coarsely grind them in a food processor.
- 🥕step-2 Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a non-stick or heavy bottomed pan over medium flame. Shallow fry cashew nuts and raisins separately, transfer them to a plate..
- 🥕step-3 In the same pan, add grated carrot and sauté over low flame for 4-5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- 🥕step-4 Add milk, mix well and bring it to a boil over medium flame..
- 🥕step-5 When it starts boiling, add condensed milk and mix well. Cook on low flame for approx 5 minutes, stir in between frequently..
- 🥕step-6 Add sugar according to taste. Please note that condensed milk is already sweet; hence add sugar only to get little higher sweetness. Cook until it starts to thicken or for around 5 minutes, stir continuously to avoid burning of carrot and milk..
- 🥕step-7 Add cardamom powder, mix well and turn off the flame. Allow it to cool at room temperature..
- 🥕l_step_8 Transfer it to serving bowls and garnish with cashew nuts and raisins..
- Serve carrot kheer warm or chilled according to your choice.
Carrots are rich in fiber,vitamins and also very good for eye. Carrot Kheer (Gajar ki Kheer) or Carrot Paysam is delicious sweet or dessert suitable for all occasion, celebration, festivals and for fasting (Vrat/Upwas) too. Carrot kheer is made with minimal ingredients. Shredded Carrots slow cooked with almond milk, roasted nuts and cardamom. Just like other kheer recipes, it is a perfect dessert for festivals like Diwali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan, etc.