Orange kheer. monalisa, this kheer is known as komola kheer or komola payesh in bengali language. you may not be aware, but it is one of the recipes that come from bengal. this recipe is adapted from a cookbook. also i have a couple of bengali cook books and they have this orange kheer recipe mentioned in them. Orange Kheer : The luscious texture and intensely rich flavour of thickened full-fat milk contrasts beautifully with the refreshing tanginess of orange segments, resulting in an aesthetic Orange Kheer that anyone is bound to fall in love with! Cardamom lends its mildly spicy notes to this unusual kheer, which is sweetened to just the right level so that the citrus flavour comes across clearly.
komala kheer is made by reducing milk and cool it well and add orange slices to it. I was not sure how orange and milk will taste, but the kheer was out of the world. Orange Kheer, also known as Kamla Kheer is a traditional Bengali recipe. You can have Orange kheer using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orange kheer
- It’s 4 cup of full cream milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange segment (3 or 4 orange).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar or according to your taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of saffron.
- You need of Dry fruit for garnish.
Learn how to make/prepare Orange Khir by following this easy recipe. Heat milk, sweetened condensed milk, crushed cardamom pods in a large pan and cook until it thickens. Orange Kheer, also known as Kamla Kheer is a traditional recipe of Bengali region. For this recipe, we have to boil milk till to thick consistency and when it's comes on room temperature add orange segments and serve chilled as desserts.
Orange kheer step by step
- In a small bowl put 2 tbsp hot milk and saffron..
- Heat a pan add milk and get to a boil till milk reduces to one-third after that add sugar and saffron milk and boil it 2 min..
- Now switch off the flame and cool it to room temperature..
- Now add orange segments and garnish with some dry fruit..
- If you want more tasty put in freeze for 4 hour and serve it..
It's really amazing in taste and very easy to prepare. Orange kheer or santre ki kheer is also known as komola kheer is a delicious dessert from eastern. Bring the milk to boil and reduce heat to minimum. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time. Soak the almond for a couple of hours and peel.