Lauki kheer. Lauki Kheer Recipe is a delicious and creamy sweet pudding that is made from grated bottle gourd making super healthy with all the nutrition from milk and bottle gourd. The Lauki Kheer gets its delicious flavors and textures from saffron, cardamom, almonds and cashew nuts. You can serve the Lauki Kheer hot or cold as a dessert when you have a guests at home or during festivals and special.
You can make various dishes with lauki from savory to sweet. I had some lauki left after making sambhar recipe, so thought of making kheer with it. Lauki ki kheer recipe or dudhi kheer – an Indian dessert made from bottle gourd vegetable. You can cook Lauki kheer using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lauki kheer
- It’s 1 cup of grated lauki.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 2.5 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron strands (kesar).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder (choti eleichi).
- It’s 5 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1-2 tsp of rose water (optional).
- It’s 12-15 of Cashews (kaju).
- It’s 1 tsp of Raisins (kishmish).
- You need of For garnishing 3-4 dates or munakka.
It is like the rich, creamy, sweet pudding. Lauki ki kheer & Navratri vrat: As Navratri is going on, many people keep fasting during these nine days. So I thought of sharing a sweet recipe for vrat. Lauki Ki Kheer is a simple dessert made using bottle gourd and milk.
Lauki kheer step by step
- Rinse, peel and grate lauki…
- In a thick bottom pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee.. Add lauki stir the lauki well, saute it for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame…
- Then add 2.5 cup milk and stir after 5-6 minutes add a pinch of saffron strands…
- Continue to simmer milk till it comes to a gentle boil.. Keep on cooking milk till it's reduced a beat..
- Overall cook the milk for 15-20 minutes. Once the milk has reduced add 4 to 5 tbsp sugar..Then add cardamom powder,cashews….
- Simmer lauki kheer 5-6 minutes more switch off the flame add 1-2 tsp rose water…
- Ready to serve Lauki kheer hot or chilled…
It can be had for Vrat or Indian fasting days as well. It can be had for Vrat or Indian fasting days as well. Lauki Ki Kheer is a creamy dessert that I make every year during Janmashtami and even out of the blue to surprise my family. My mom always lauki kheer when my dad was fasting. It was the quintessential vrat (fasting) dessert.