Jaggery kheer. Kheer prepared with jaggery is a traditional recipe belonging to Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Consuming Jaggery kheer, especially during winters, tastes really scrumptious. Arisi Paruppu Payasam/Rice & Dal Jaggery Kheer -Tamil New Years Day Special, Bellam Paramannam
It can easily be made at home by using simple ingredients. All you need is some jaggery, almonds, coconut, rice, milk. Rice kheer recipes with jaggery have a unique taste and nutritious too. You can cook Jaggery kheer using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jaggery kheer
- Prepare of Milk-1litre, full fat.
- Prepare of Basmati rice -3tbsps.
- Prepare of Ghee-1/2tso.
- You need of Green cardamom powder -1/2tsp.
- It’s of Jaggery-3/4cup crushed.
- You need of Some chopped dry fruits,almond, dates,cashew nuts and raisins.
Jagerry rice kheer recipe must be tried for its nutritional benefits. Children who are adamant to take any nutritious food, should. Jaggery is an unrefined sugar made from cane or palm. It's claimed to have health benefits, but is it any better than white sugar?
Jaggery kheer instructions
- In a thick bottomed pan, boil the milk on low medium heat, stirring continuously..
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 30mins, drain out..
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the rice and fry the couple of minutes..
- Once the milk starts to thicken, add the rice, stir it constantly on low to medium heat so that the bottom does not get burnt..
- When the rice is cooked add milk and stir to mix it nicely. Let it boil for couple of minutes..
- Put the crushed Jaggery to the pages. Again boil for 4 to 5 mins by stirring it continuously..
- Check the sweetness and switch off the gas and add the chopped dry fruits for garnishing..
- Serve warm or cold……
Jaggery is a traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar consumed in Asia. DIRECTIONS In a mixer, grind the coconut and jaggery to a fine paste. Heat a tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins separately. Jaggery replaces sugar in this rice and milk kheer. Add the jaggery water to the rice mixture and mix well.