Poha kheer/Flatten rice pudding(no sugar). Festive special flattened rice pudding is popularly known as aval payasam in Tamil. Easy to prepare, delicious, and nut-free poha kheer recipe! I used raw sugar for this kheer, but there is no harm in using jaggery as well.
If you are looking for a sweet dish that can be prepared quickly. Poha is flattened rice or rice flakes. This is a very common ingredient in Indian cooking and you can use it as you would a grain or cereal. You can have Poha kheer/Flatten rice pudding(no sugar) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poha kheer/Flatten rice pudding(no sugar)
- It’s 1/4 cup of Aval /Poha -.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Ghee -.
- You need 1/4 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare of Whole Cashew nuts -5/6 nos.
- You need tsp of Cardamom Powder -1/4.
- It’s strands of Saffron -2-3.
- You need of Raisins – 8/10 nos.
From Western India, Poha, made from flattened rice, is an easy-to-cook, nutritious snack. It is often eaten for breakfast or brunch. Poha or Powa: Indian Rice Dish. Healthy Chatpata Poha Flattened Rice Nashta For Kids Recipe, Aval Payasam
Poha kheer/Flatten rice pudding(no sugar) step by step
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and fry raisins and cashew nuts separately on low heat. Keep it aside..
- Soak saffron strands in a tbsp of warm milk and keep it aside..
- Add some more ghee to the pan. Add poha and fry till it changes colour on low heat..
- Add milk to the poha slowly. Simmer and cook till milk reduces a little. Poha will also become soft..
- Then add jaggery, cardamom powder, saffron. Mix well and switch off the flame immediately..
- Garnish with cashew nuts and raisin and serve hot or at room temperature.
Poha Kheer Every state has its unique way of cooking this red Poha/Flattened Rice. We make in our favorite way, Here it is! Poha – flattened rice flakes – is considered to be one of the favourites of Lord Krishna and so on. I made Poha Kheer/Aval Payasam in microwave which is easy. I normally make poha kheer in microwave as it's quite fast and perfect to make on a Well it's Mexican mango from Fair Price though quite expensive and nothing like our Indian Mango!