Summer Rice Pudding. Try the Uncle Ben's Summer Rice Pudding Parfait recipe. But puddings still make perfect summer desserts. Sushi rice gives it a pleasant chew.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Store any remaining pudding in refrigerator. Rating Combine cinnamon and nutmeg; sift over top of pudding. You can have Summer Rice Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Summer Rice Pudding
- It’s 200 g of natural yogourt or Greek yogourt (plain).
- Prepare of cooked rice, chilled (2 servings).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar or honey.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- It’s of peach slices, diced – fresh or canned.
- You need of sliced almonds.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
Cool slightly and cut into squares to serve. The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency. DO NOT OVERCOOK or the pudding will be solid instead of creamy once cooled. This Rice Pudding recipe is so easy and delicious – and you probably already have these items on hand because they are pretty standard ingredients.
Summer Rice Pudding step by step
- Combine yogourt, sugar and coconut in a glass bowl..
- Fold in the rice. Add enough rice to make it the consistency of rice pudding..
- Place the rice mixture on individual plates, or in large soup bowls. Form the rice into the shape of a round cake..
- Garnish with peaches and almonds. Sprinkle with cinnamon. And the diced peaches can be arranged around the bottom of the pudding..
- Types of rice: can use Instant rice, white rice or steamed Basmati rice (pre-cooked). The rice can be prepared ahead, and refrigerated overnight..
- Variations: orange-pineapple, banana, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blueberry-blackberry, apple-cinnamon (purée), pear, peach-mango, mandarin orange, cherry-vanilla, honey-vanilla and pinacolada.
- Can try any fruit – and fruit combinations.
- Note: makes 1 large pudding or 2 small puddings.
Here's what you need Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. I just wanted to point out that the youtube video link for this recipe, Kheer (Rice Pudding). Pudding is a type of food that can be either a dessert or a savory (salty or spicy) dish that is part of the main meal. The modern usage of the word pudding to denote primarily desserts has evolved over. Is rice pudding the best comfort dessert of all time?