Watermelon Rind Kheer. Watermelon Rind Kheer is a healthy Indian dessert. Most of us discard the rind part in watermelon as not usable but we can. No, watermelon rind isn't nature-powered Viagra, but some research shows that it may help men with mild to Try spritzing your watermelon rind with lemon juice and sprinkling some chili powder on it.
But we can prepare many Indian desserts or gravies using this watermelon rind. Hi friends delicious watermelon rind payasam very easy to make pls dont forget to like share comment subscribe to my channel. In saucepan, combine reserved liquid with remaining ingredients. You can cook Watermelon Rind Kheer using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Watermelon Rind Kheer
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated watermelon.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dry fruits.
- Prepare 1/2 spoon of elaichi powder / cardamom powder.
Cook the watermelon rind pieces in water and vinegar, this step takes about an hour, but it is a necessary step. The vinegar will help the watermelon rind pieces hold their shape and not get soggy. Do a search for watermelon rind jam, and you'll find many variations. The green part is peeled away from Grated rind can be used in place of cabbage in watermelon rind coleslaw.
Watermelon Rind Kheer instructions
- In a pan roast dry fruits and keep it aside. In the same pan add grated watermelon and bring to cook. Let it cook for few minutes..
- Now add sugar and milk and cook for few minutes. Once it's cooked, add elaichi powder and garnish with dry fruits. Ready to serve. Happy eating 😋😋.
Candied Watermelon Rinds: After a week of watermelon recipes, I'm left with a huge amount of rind! This candied watermelon rind is fairly easy – though there is a lot of waiting! Watermelon Rind Pickles Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Place rind in a large nonreactive bowl; stir in water and salt. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.