Malva Pudding. The sauce was quite enough to moisten the entire pudding — it should not be dripping with sauce Real cold-weather comfort food. A sweet pudding of Dutch origin, Malva Pudding is usually served hot with custard or ice-cream. Made with apricot jam, this typical South African dessert has a spongy, caramelised texture.
It is prepared with apricot jam and a little brown vinegar, which give. Looking for a MALVA PUDDING RECIPE that is simple and full-proof for beginners? Looking for a simple Malva pudding recipe? You can have Malva Pudding using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malva Pudding
- You need 250 ml of castor sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 15 ml of smooth apricot jam.
- Prepare 310 ml of all-purpose flour.
- You need 5 ml of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 ml of salt.
- Prepare 30 ml of butter.
- It’s 1,5 tbsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare of ●● Sauce ●●.
- You need 500 ml of fresh cream.
- It’s 125 ml of butter.
- You need 125 ml of brown sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s 30 ml of brandy (optional).
Malva pudding – an amazing South African dessert. I have had this craving for a caramelly cake for a long time now. I guess it started about a month ago, and finally today my craving was satisfied. Malva Pudding is a true South African pudding dish, with a sweet sponge and a decadent caramelized sticky sauce; it's normally served with hot custard or ice cream.
Malva Pudding instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the castor sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- Add the smooth apricot jam and vinegar then mix well..
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together..
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the milk..
- Fold the milk mixture into the main mixture..
- Pour into a medium to large greased baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean..
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved..
- Pierce the hot pudding several times with a skewer so that the sauce can be absorbed. Pour over the sauce and rest for 10 minutes. Serve with custard or cream..
Malva pudding is a sweet pudding of South African origin. It contains apricot jam and has a spongy The pudding gained popularity on the West Coast of the US after Oprah Winfrey's personal chef, Art. Malva pudding, also called malvapoeding or marshmallow pudding, is a traditional South African dessert. Since South African restaurants are a rarity overseas, you probably haven't come across. South African Malva Pudding. by: Sarah Jampel.