Rice pudding/arroz con leche. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve. Empanadas de Arroz con Leche (Rice Pudding Turnovers).
It's great served cold, too. —Marina Castle Kelley, Canyon Country, California. Easy Rice Pudding With A Hint of Citrus. Arroz con Leche is one of the world's favorite desserts. You can have Rice pudding/arroz con leche using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice pudding/arroz con leche
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
Citrus essences of orange and lemon are the hallmarks of this Spanish version and add to the vibrancy of cinnamon and vanilla. This Arroz con Leche recipe is equally satisfying served warm after dinner. Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. If you have a soft spot in your heart for creamy rice pudding, arroz con leche delivers a flavorful upgrade and will satisfy your cold-weather dessert craving.
Rice pudding/arroz con leche step by step
- Grab a large pot to make your rice pudding in.
- mix in 2 cups of milk, tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 4 tablespoons of sugar into the pot and bring to a boil.
- pour in the cup of rice and let simmer mixing every 2-5 min..
- as the rice and milk thicken add in another cup of milk. Do this only when the rice thickens until you get it to your liking.
- Rice pudding complete! Set aside to cool or serve instantly if you can't wait.
Arroz con Leche is one of my favorite Colombian desserts. This Colombian-Style Rice Pudding version is sweet, creamy and delicious. There are different variations of arroz con leche in Latin America, this is my family recipe and it is very easy to make. Rice pudding (arroz con leche) made the traditional Mexican way, with both whole and evaporated milk and an aromatic touch of cinnamon. This recipe was the closest to my grandmothers style of arroz con leche.