Bread pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can have Bread pudding using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- It’s 10 cup of bread (I used peperidge farm gingerbread).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark rum.
- Prepare 5 cup of half and half, separated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s pinch of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 cup of craisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread pudding instructions
- Measure 3 cups half and half into microwaveable container..
- Add nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon..
- Microwave at 1 min intervals, stirring each time, until heated to 180° F. Let steep in microwave for 30 minutes..
- Butter or cooking spray casserole dish or cake pan. Tear or cut bread into 1 inch pieces and add to pan. Toss with dried fruit..
- Add whole eggs to blender or mixer. Blend at low speed until lightened in color. Add egg yolks and continue to blend..
- Slowly add white sugar, then brown sugar, while continuing to blend..
- Add remaining two cups half and half, still blending. Add steeped half and half with spices..
- Add the rum last, blend until mixed thoroughly..
- Pour over bread in pan. Let sit for one hour, to soak into the bread..
- After one hour, stir, and then bake at 325 for around 45 mins, depending on size of pan. Internal temperature of 170°.
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.