Slow cooker rice pudding. Rice pudding is traditionally either baked in the oven or cooked over the stove. Using the slow cooker is a different method that works surprisingly well. The best thing is that you can simply set and forget.
Using a slow cooker means that you can add all the ingredients, turn it on and walk away, and then come home hours later to a creamy, comforting dessert. Our luxurious slow cooker rice pudding recipe is an easy dessert to make ahead and then keep in the fridge for later. Serve hot or cold with jam or compote, or just by itself. You can have Slow cooker rice pudding using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker rice pudding
- Prepare 170 grams of rice.
- Prepare 2 liter of semi skimmed milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter or spread.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick (optional).
The creamy, sweet comfort of old-fashioned rice pudding is made easy in the slow cooker! Mix cooked rice, sugar, evaporated milk and warm spices, and cook low and slow until tender, soft and full of flavor. Divide between four dishes and top with jam. Budget In a colander, rinse rice thoroughly under cold water.
Slow cooker rice pudding step by step
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, until at the desired thickness..
- Enjoy hot or cold, tastes great with a bit of chocolate grated on the top :).
Put in lightly greased slow cooker. Slow Cooker Rice Pudding that is rich and creamy! This rice and milk treat with cinnamon is a cinch to make, especially since it's all done in the crock pot! Add additional milk as needed to reach. Give the contents a stir and replace the lid.