Bacon and onion pudding. Hands up if you can remember your Mum or Nan making this for you at home? I know that I certainly can. Make the suet pastry by mixing the flour and shredded suet with enough water to form a dough.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Roll up like a swiss roll put inside a tea towel. You could find a recipe for steak and kidney pudding and just substitute the steak and kidney for bacon and onion. You can have Bacon and onion pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon and onion pudding
- Prepare 200 g of self raising flour.
- Prepare 110 g of beef suet.
- Prepare 200 ml of cold water.
- It’s 1 of large onion (sliced).
- Prepare 10-12 rashers of streaky bacon.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need Knob of butter.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
I have personally done this and it worked a treat. In today's world of easily-accessible fast and convenience foods, it's easy to forget our. How to make Bacon and Onion Bread Pudding. Combine eggs, whipping cream, rock salt, Italian seasoning, freshly ground black pepper, grated Gouda cheese, and shredded Parmesan cheese in a bowl; whisk well.
Bacon and onion pudding instructions
- Mix together the flour and suet, gradually add water but by bit until you get a dough like consistency. If to sticky add more flour. You want a nice ball of dough that you are able to roll out. Place some tin foil on the side and then a layer of greaseproof paper on top roll out mixture to about the thickness of a pound coin. Then brush with melted butter..
- Season with pepper and place a layer of onions all over. Then crumble over stock cube. then a layer of bacon..
- Now carefully from the bottom working up roll it up like a roly poly, using the paper to help keep it tight. Fold over the ends of the paper and then repeat with the tin foil so you have a tight sausage shape..
- Place 2 large foil balls into the slow cooker on low and add some boiling water into the bottom. Place the pudding on top of the balls so it’s not sitting in the water. Place lid onto slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours..
- Note: can also be done in the steamer this will take 2 and 1/2 hours..
Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Mix in the suet and herbs and mix to a soft dough with water. Grate potato and onion in a bowl. Cut bacon crosswise into narrow strips. Mix potatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper.. pan.