Classic Banana Pudding. Top the custard with the vanilla wafers in a single layer. Place all of the sliced bananas on top of the wafers. Banana pudding doesn't ask for much.
Fresh bananas are layered with vanilla wafer cookies and a rich vanilla pudding for a no-bake dessert that will please. Secondly, NEVER use banana pudding to make this. Though I'm sure it would taste ok, it just isn't like the old fashioned stuff, and if you use the banana flavored pudding you always will have that fake. You can cook Classic Banana Pudding using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Banana Pudding
- Prepare 2 (3.4 oz) of boxes Vanilla pudding.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of tub Cool Whip.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 (11 oz) of box Nilla Waffers.
- You need 3 of large bananas, sliced.
This easy Homemade Banana Pudding recipe is the best I've ever had! Creamy, rich and almost mousse-like banana pudding that tastes just like Grandma used to make. I know you're going to love it! Banana pudding is a dessert generally consisting of layers of sweet vanilla flavored custard, cookies (usually Vanilla Wafers or ladyfingers) and sliced fresh bananas placed in a dish and served.
Classic Banana Pudding instructions
- Mix puddings and milk, set aside for 5 minutes..
- In a large trifle bowl layer the bottom with 1 layer of waffers. Then put a slice of banana on each waffer. *I forgot and my bananas ended up as a single layer on top of the pudding.*.
- Mix half the tub of cool whip in to pudding.
- Put a quarter of the pudding mixture on top..
- Put another layer of waffers along the top and sides. Layer bananas on top of each cookie. *I used a box and a half of 8 oz mini vanilla waffers*.
- Add another quarter of pudding mixture. Continue layers til you're done. *I got 2 layers each for my 2 minis.*.
- Top the whole thing with cool whip. Chill in the fridge for a few hours..
This is the perfect make-ahead dessert and. It really does not get much. Banana Pudding pairs creamy smooth vanilla pudding with chunks of sweet banana and crunchy vanilla wafers. Some like to layer this dessert, like an English Trifle, so you can see the separate. Airy meringue atop creamy pudding is a delicious favorite and makes the best banana pudding!