Savory Bread Pudding. These dishes, known also as strata, can be rich, but they are just as satisfying when made with low-fat milk. The formula works well for any number of cooked vegetables tossed with stale bread and mixed. Wrap any leftover pudding tightly with plastic and refrigerate.
Bread pudding doesn't have to be limited to dessert, though. Made with savory ingredients, this comfort food can be served as an entrée or side dish. Have you ever made savory bread pudding? You can cook Savory Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- Prepare 2 cup of croutons (I used Fresh Gourmet Classic Ceasar).
- Prepare 2 large of eggs ( OR 3 small ones).
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped mushroom (I used canned you can use fresh).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried parsley (you can use fresh).
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
How to Eat Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (and Dessert, Duh!) Sweet or savory, bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food. Just think of this as strata gone wild. Kamileon has concocted a rich, custardy bread pudding containing everything but the kitchen sink. Bread pudding is a gem of a main dish, and frugal to boot.
Savory Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Measure out croutons. Beat eggs add the milk–salt and pepper to taste.Pour milk mixture over the croutons. Leave to soak for 10 minutes..
- Add the onion, broccoli, mushroom, 3/4 cups of cheese and the parsley – mix well..
- Add the melted butter–turn to coat.. Put into a greased dish, topped with the rest of cheese and freshly ground black pepper — bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and serve ..
This savory bread pudding is filled with bacon, peppers, spinach, and cheese, making it an easy one-dish Savory bread pudding is an easy way to make guests sigh with content, whether at breakfast. It's equally comforting turned savory, enriched with cheese and studded with vegetables. Yes, yes, for the semantics expert, a savory bread pudding is known as Strata. But we say call it This bread pudding recipe is basically a deconstructed Croque Monsieur with a mix of smoky ham. This is the fourth of five finalist recipes for the Dairy Contest, the winner of which will be announced this Monday (Labor Day!) This recipe, submitted by.