Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding. Mexican Rice Pudding Recipe Oh, YEAH, Oh, Siiii🤗 If you make a Views recipe, please tag me on IG: @viewsontheroad. "Arroz con leche" is also known as "La viudita del conde Laurel" (Count Laurel's Young Widow). Children play a circle game with this song. There are many versions in the Spanish speaking world.
Arroz con Leche is one of my favorite Colombian desserts. This Colombian-Style Rice Pudding version is sweet, creamy and delicious. There are different variations of arroz con leche in Latin America, this is my family recipe and it is very easy to make. You can cook Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding
- It’s 100 g of short grain or pudding rice.
- It’s of Boiling water.
- Prepare 700 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Rind of one lemon.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve. Sweet and simple, this creamy arroz con leche recipe is real comfort food in any language.
Mama's arroz con leche. Rice pudding instructions
- Boil rice in plenty water for about 8 minutes.
- Heat up milk with cinnamon stick and lemon rind to flavour, bring to nearly boiling temperature.
- Drain the rice from water in a sieve.
- Return milk and rice together to simmer for 12 minutes or until rice totally cooked stirring occasionally.
- Remove lemon rind and cinnamon from milk and add the sugar stirring to dissolve.
- Divide equally into individual ramekins to cool. It should be quite runny as the rice will absorb some of the milk later.
- Let it cool and store in fridge.Sprinkle with ground cinnamon to eat.
You'll love the warm raisin and cinnamon flavors. I love Ina Garten's recipe for rice pudding much better. It's always my go to recipe. Freeze your leftover rice and turn it into this sweet and simple spiced-up pudding for a quick dessert. If you have a soft spot in your heart for creamy rice pudding, arroz con leche delivers a flavorful upgrade and will satisfy your cold-weather dessert craving.