Vermicelli kheer. Vermicelli kheer recipe With step by step photos. Seviyan kheer also known as vermicelli kheer Is a must at any festival at our place. Making vermicelli kheer is very easy and does not take much time.
Vermicelli kheer or Seviyan Kheer/Payasam as it is known in India, is a special dessert that is made mostly on the occasion of festivals or celebrations. It is a sweet pudding made from milk, vermicelli, spices and dry fruits. The Sevai kheer, also known as vermicelli kheer is a variety of Indian pudding which is super easy and delicious. You can cook Vermicelli kheer using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vermicelli kheer
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 cup of vermicelli (roasted one).
- You need 1 tbsp of chironji+1 tbsp almonds.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need 6-7 spoons of sugar(as per ur sweetness).
- You need 1 tbsp of badam mix powder/condensed milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of custard powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardmom powder.
- You need pinch of jhaiphal powder.
If you ever want to come up with a quick dessert with a traditional touch, then check out how to make Seviyan kheer. Vermicelli Kheer, a delicious Indian dessert made with milk and vermicelli strands is often served as a sweet accompaniment in lunch or dinner. In this recipe, vermicelli, which is also known as semiya or seviya, is roasted in ghee which gives it a nice aroma and its signature taste. Serve the vermicelli kheer or seviyan kheer hot, warm or chilled. if serving chilled, then refrigerate the seviyan kheer and serve later.
Vermicelli kheer step by step
- Take a vessel and put ghee and roast the dry fruits and keep aside(u can use any kind of nuts)..In the same ghee roast the vermicelli for 1 minute…
- Add milk to the vermicelli….and put sugar according to ur sweetness…
- Next add the badam mix powder or can use condensed milk too…take custard powder in a bowl and add milk/water and mix….
- When the kheer starts to boil…slowly pour the custard mix to the kheer and mix well…add the dry fruits….
- Stir well and add the cardmom and jhaiphal powder…boil for another 5 mins and switch off the flame….
- Tasty and quick vermicelli kheer is readyyy…
Enjoy Vermicelli kheer or seviyan kheer. Its a delicius Food, Foodie Human likes it too much. Note Seviyan can be easily doubled in size by just adding some extra milk and water. Semiya has always been my favourite dessert. Sometimes my mom used to make it specially on Raksha bandhan, it was a staple.