Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan. I decided to make the pudding with coconut milk rather than regular milk as coconut works really well with blackberry, I also threw in some cardamom pods for a bit of warming spice and added a star anise to the blackberry compote. As an unintentional side effect of using coconut milk, the pudding also happens to be vegan and lactose free as a. Cardamom Rice Pudding With Blackberry Layer and Pecan Crumble Topping.
Serve this to any vegan skeptic and I've no doubt they will love it as much as the traditional recipe. What rice to use for making the creamiest vegan rice pudding. When it comes to rice pudding, the type of rice used can vary from recipe to recipe. You can have Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (for at least 30 mins… longer if possible) and drained.
- You need 2 cups of the milk of your choice (be prepared to add more if the rice dries out… especially if the rice isn’t soaked).
- Prepare 7 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed (use the back of a knife) – you need to take these out before serving or at least be ready to put them to one side if you find them in your bowl!.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1/2 of vanilla pod.
- You need 1/2-1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare of For the blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of blackberries.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 squeeze of lemon – optional.
- You need of some flaked almonds to sprinkle on top if you like.
This Cardamom Apple Rice Pudding is vegan, gluten free, and soy free! It also can be made nut free by replacing the almond milk with an alternative plant-based milk. This dish is Vata-pacifying and can be Pitta-pacifying by replacing the nutmeg and cardamom with fennel powder. In a large bowl, add eggs, cardamom and coconut sugar.
Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan step by step
- Put the rice and milk in a pan on a medium heat. Add the spices – for the vanilla, scrape the seeds out and add the pod too. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 – 30 mins..
- For the blackberries: put the blackberries and water in a pan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for about 5 mins. Then add the cardamom and simmer for another couple of minutes. If you have a lemon handy, squeeze some juice onto the blackberries..
- Take the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and cardamom pods out of the rice pudding. Stir through the maple syrup. Serve with the blackberries. Enjoy 😋.
In a pot, add cooked rice, vanilla, coconut, and coconut milk. This vegan rice pudding recipe is inspired by the Spanish rice pudding Arroz con leche. The lemon and orange zest infuses the rice pudding with a warming citrusy flavour, and the cinnamon adds a richness. If you want to be even more authentic to the Spanish way of making rice pudding, then add a stick of cinnamon in when you first cook the rice. Watch the video for the easy process in action.