Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes. Arrange the remaining bread on top, then sprinkle with remaining sugar. This easy dessert-breakfast dish will have your whole house smelling like a bakery of delicious baked goods. Cinnamon spiced then baked in an egg and milk custard with a golden-brown crust on top sprinkled with a dash of brown sugar and cinnamon.
To make the custard mixture, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract and pour over the pudding. It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. You can cook Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes
- You need 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 250 grams of homemade bread crumbs,made from breakfast rolls.
- You need 1/4 liter of milk.
- Prepare 125 grams of each, currants,raisins, ground almonds or other nuts.
- You need 200 ml of brown rum.
- Prepare 6 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 of recipe for sauce.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/2 liter of red or rose wine,(only use one you would drink).
- It’s 185 grams of sugar.
The night before you want to make the pudding, thickly slice the baguette and leave it out to go stale. Whisk together the Marsala or Sherry, milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. The bread can sit in the egg mixture for ten minutes or a few hours. Long soak times will allow the egg mixture to penetrate deep into the bread.
Sig's Bread and Butter Pudding #myfavouriterecipes step by step
- Mix butter together with sugar and yolk until creamy, fold gently under then add the bread crumbs and milk,add raisins,currants and almonds. Whisk the egg white to a almost solid form and lift under..
- Grease your pudding or cake pan (2 ltr) and cover with dust with some bread crumbs..
- Fill to 3/4 with mixture. cover tightly with tin foil and add to big sauce pan. fill halfway up to the pudding pan with water.cover lot with lid.Simmer for about 1 hour,than leave standing for 15 minutes on stove..
- For the sauce mix all ingredients and heat gently whisking all the time until thickened,when thickened take of heat and whisk some more. Serve at once and enjoy..
Older bread will work a lot better than fresh as it will absorb the egg mixture a lot easier and faster. Report a problem with this food. Use the rest to spread evenly over the bread then cut each. Scatter on the dried apricot pieces and the chopped apple. Slightly stale bread works a bit better because it doesn't soak through instantly and turn into mush.