Double ka meetha – BREAD SWEET. Double Ka Meetha is a delicious dessert recipe which is very popular in Hyderabad. This cuisine is also known as Shahi Tukra made with bread loaf (we mostly uses bread slices) which includes with. The Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha is a traditional Hyderabadi dessert prepared with bread, which derives its name from 'Double Roti', a term used for bread during the British era.
Double ka meetha is a popular dessert from the Hyderabadi cuisine. This sweet dish is known as double ka meetha as bread is used to make it. Bread or pav is also called as Double roti in a few Indian states. You can cook Double ka meetha – BREAD SWEET using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double ka meetha – BREAD SWEET
- Prepare 1 loaf of sandwich bread.
- It’s 4 cups of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Chopped dry fruits badam, cashew, raisins pista,chirp ji, dates etc.
- You need As needed of Ghee for frying.
- Prepare as needed of Flavour of your choice cardamom, nutmeg or rose essence(any one).
Double Ka Meetha Recipe / Bread Sweet Recipe / Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe. One of my viewer requested this recipe oneday, i had all the ingredients on hand, so made it instantly. This recipe is similar to my shahi tukda. This is a simpler version, there is another version which they will bake the whole thing.
Double ka meetha – BREAD SWEET step by step
- Boil four cup sugar in four cups water. Add flavour.
- Fry bread slice in hot ghee over low medium flme.
- Flip on other side.
- When the slice is fried golden brown add to the hot syrup.
- Fry all the slices and put into syrup.
- Crush the slices.
- Fry the dry fruits and garnish.
- If you ar particular of not using sugar you can use jaggery also instead of sugar.
- I do not use milk in this preparation to increase the shelf life.
The sweet, sugar and milk-soaked fried pieces of bread with a lovely crunch from dry fruit in every bite is etched in my memory till date. This dish is called Double ka Meetha as it is made using bread slices which are also called double roti in some parts of India. Bread Halwa or Bread pudding is a mouthwatering delicacy from Hyderabadi Cuisine. It is also popular as Double ka Meetha. Shallow fried bread slices, milk, sugar, ghee and crunchy nuts goes into the making of this halwa.