Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF. This is one of those hand me down recipes from Grandmother, mother to daughter. Rhubarb is technically a vegetable, but also a fruit.
Though tart and slightly sour when raw, rhubarb is surprisingly sweet and versatile in these delicious recipes. Everything canning, recipes, trials, triumphs, and fun and love in a jar! I am here to share what I can and teach others how to can. You can cook Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 350 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 60 g of gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block.
- You need 300 g of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 300 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of custard powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder, very slightly rounded.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- You need 350 g of trimmed rhubarb cut into 2cm sized pieces.
- You need 55 g of soft brown sugar for topping.
- It’s 1 tsp of extra ground cinnamon.
No. »» Entry to Old Royd's Rhubarb Experience »» Wakefield Rhubarb Festival is a free event. Leave the New Year diet at home for this one! Rhubarb root and rhizome-based Chinese herbal prescriptions for acute ischemic stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Chunks of rhubarb are sweetened and cooked along with water and cornstarch until hot and bubbly.
Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Add the lemon juice to the coconut milk and let stand to curdle while you get on with the next steps.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325F and grease and line a 24" round cake tin.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy then beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well then fold into the creamed margarine / sugar.
- Stir in the milk then gently mix in the chopped rhubarb.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. The batter will be thick but the rhubarb will release juices while it bakes.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with no raw batter on it. If the top of the cake begins to burn before it's done cover it loosely with foil.
- Let stand in the tin for 5 minutes before releasing and letting cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Delicious served warm with some hot custard.
This luscious concoction is then poured into a prepared pan, sprinkled with cinnamon, and topped with spoonfuls of yummy dough. And it can be served warm from the oven or at. Rhubarb is not especially rich in essential nutrients, and its calorie content is low. Rhubarb sauce recipe can be used like applesauce or jam. This sauce is delicious as a jam, drizzled over ice cream, mixed with yogurt or as a sauce over pork..