Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding. One of the nice things about this easy pudding is you don't have to stand and stir it. The results are so much better than the store. Well, this is your grandma's puddin' pie, only it's vegan!
Well, either Betty's version is a dud, or my remembrance is a little distorted, because it was disappointingly bland, pale and lacking a good. Enjoy this easy recipe for old-fashioned homemade pudding! Combine sugar, flour, salt, milk and cocoa. You can have Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
- You need 1/2 C of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 C of cornstarch.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (don't worry about leveling but not super heaping).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 3/4 C of milk (whole is best but you can also use 2%).
- You need 2 tablespoons of room temperature butter (not margarine).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Old fashioned chocolate pudding is a recipe you will make over and over again. This is an easy recipe, keeps well for several days refrigerated and is delicious. Just add some whipped cream for a homemade treat your friends and family will love. Chocolate pudding needn't come in a box or a tub!
Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding instructions
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, salt, cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in the milk…the cornstarch and cocoa powder will float on top of the milk but as you go on they'll be absorbed, so don't worry -but keep the sides of the pan scraped down.
- Using medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly…this step can take up to 15 minutes.
- Keep the mixture bubbling slowly until it thickens enough to coat the back of your stirring spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- *THE PUDDING WILL BE HOT**.
- Pour into a sturdy bowl and let rest for 10 minutes before covering with plastic wrap…have the wrap touch the surface of the pudding, this prevents a "skin" from forming.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!.
Much like pancakes, somehow the food industry has convinced many people that this relatively easy-to-make treat requires way more skill and time that the average person could dream to muster. Old-fashioned chocolate pudding takes no time at all. This is a good recipe if you need a quick chocolate fix. Transfer the pudding to a serving dish. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their.