Chocolate Mousse. With the easy pulse of an electric blender, this rich, brandy-enhanced chocolate mousse can be whipped up in a jiffy. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. While this fancy French dessert might seem like the kind of dish you'd only be able to enjoy if you were at a high-end restaurant, chocolate mousse is easily achievable right in your own kitchen.
I like semi-sweet chocolate but if you prefer your mousse with a darker chocolate flavor, use bittersweet. Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate.. Chill metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in freezer. You can have Chocolate Mousse using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse
- It’s of for mousse.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 10 oz of good quality semi sweet chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of dark chocolate Godiva liquor, optional.
- It’s of garnish.
- It’s of freshstrawberrys.
- You need of whipped cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of shaved milk chocolate.
- You need of frosting the glasses.
- You need 1 of Lemon slice.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. Less cream, more chocolate, a more intense chocolate flavour and a beautiful creamy mouth feel. Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish, optional This Chocolate Mousse Recipe is THE BEST! I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked.
Chocolate Mousse step by step
- Have chocolate in a large bowl.
- Heat cream just to a simmer, either in microwave or stove top. Pour over chopped chocolate, let sit undisturbed for 1 minute to melt chocolate, then whisk until smooth, add salt and Godiva chocolate liquor and whisk in. Chill uncovered until very cold at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat cold chocolate until it forms soft fluffy peaks.
- If you want your glasses to have decorative frosted rims run a lemon slice around the rim of the glass and dip in granulated sugar.
- Spoon whipped mousse into glasses, garnish with Strawberries, shaved milk chocolate and whipped cream.
I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears. Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream. Dark chocolate and espresso add the slightly bitter notes needed to balance this easy chocolate mousse. Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate.