FIRNI(RICH RICE PUDDING). Thanks For Watching Like Share And Subscribe Thanks For Your Love And Support Keep Watching My Videos. Firni is what one should think of when they think of rice pudding. When looking at other traditional rice puddings, they are quick and easy to make and let's face it; they don't taste quite like this delicious bowl of rich and creamy heaven.
Firni or Phirni is a rice pudding made with ground. What makes it desi and differentiate it from rice pudding is green cardamom which is present in all traditional desserts to give them a specific aroma. Here is how to achieve the creamiest texture and phenomenal rich traditional taste in firni. You can have FIRNI(RICH RICE PUDDING) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of FIRNI(RICH RICE PUDDING)
- Prepare 1 cup of rice soaked in water for 1 hour,drain and grind coarsely.
- It’s 1 1/2 litre of milk,1/2cup extra to mix with grinded rice.
- You need of Few saffron, 3 cardamom, 1/2 cup sugar,1/2 can CONDENSED milk,1/2cup pistachios some for garnish.
- It’s of Mawa…heat 2 tbsn butter,add 1/2 cup milk…bring to a boil n add 1/2 cup milk pwd and cook till all combined n Thick mixture is formed…cool it.
- It’s leaf of Garnish…cardamom pwd,sliced pistachios and silver.
Never compromise on quality of ingredients. Best ingredients equals to best results, simplest. A decadently rich chocolate pie nestled in a graham cracker crust garnished with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings. This decadent chocolate pie is perfect for potlucks, birthdays and neighborhood shindigs..
FIRNI(RICH RICE PUDDING) instructions
- First step is of rice….soak it,dry it on cloth,grind it coarsely and mix with 1/2 cup of milk and keep it ready(pic2)now boil milk add in sugar,saffron, cardamom and let it simmer in low flame 5 to 10 mins.
- Now add in the rice and milk mixture and keep stirring for 5 to 10 mins,now add CONDENSED milk,pistachios (any dry fruit).
- Mawa(pic1..I make same time on other burner…u can make it before)recipe above..now add the mawa and cook for more 2 to 3 mins…the consistency should be pouring,medium nor thick nor thin.remove 3 cardamom we added in the beginning..
- Now pour FIRNI..into serve bowl(use clay pots if u have,coz it gives more depth and flavour)garnish with cardamom pwd, some pistachios, few saffron strings and silver leaf(not aluminium)chill in fridge for atleast 1 hour and enjoy…😊u will realise ur hardworking has kindly paid off..do try.pls subscribe my #youtube blog Tanvi.s 25 yummy food blog and follow me up #cookpad for more such amazing recipes 😊.
She uses a traditional recipe which was handed down from her mother, who used the recipe handed down from her mother. It is still Eid now – it started yesterday. Phirni (Firni), a traditional rice custard cooked with milk and set in earthware containers. Popular staple dessert in Punjab and served in all dabbas. It is traditional rice custard made with rich, creamy milk and served in earthenware, which makes it all the more pleasing to the palate.