Custard pudding. In a small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt and nutmeg. Custards and Pudding Recipes Get easy recipes for creamy chocolate pudding, flan, mousse, and banana and rice puddings.
It makes a very good, rich pudding to use in cream pies, trifles, or just for eating. If you want to reduce the richness substitute some of the evaporated milk for skim milk. Let's make the caramel sauce for custard pudding. You can have Custard pudding using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Custard pudding
- You need 70 g of sugar.
- It’s 2 of table spoons of water.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 550 ml of milk.
- It’s 70 g of sugar.
This will make it easy to remove the pudding from the cups. Put the sugar and water in the pot. Heat the pot at medium heat. Let it sit until the surface becomes lightly-colored.
Custard pudding step by step
- Preheat oven at 170C..
- Caramel : Put the sugar in a pan. Add 1 table spoon of water and melt sugar. Simmer it. When the edge becomes yellow, move it from time to time. Add one table spoon of water and mix it..
- Pour the caramel into the pudding cup..
- Pour milk in a pan. Add sugar and boil it at low heat. Put eggs in a bowl and mix it well. Add the milk to the egg mixture..
- Strain egg mixture with a strainer..
- Pour it in each pudding cup..
- Put the pudding cups on the baking plate.. Pour hot water in the baking plate..
- Bake it in a 170C oven for 40 minutes..
Swirl the pot and even out the sugar liquid. Japanese custard pudding is very smooth. So when mixing eggs, sugar and milk, it needs to be strained before pouring the mixture into the pudding molds. The texture and flavour hang in a delicate balance of three ingredients; eggs, sugar and milk. So it is critical to use the right amount of each ingredient.