Ginger Milk Pudding. Find Deals on Milk Pudding in Groceries on Amazon. Ginger milk pudding or ginger milk curd is a very popular Chinese dessert made by ginger juice, milk and sugar. It is a magic dessert you will love after the first trying.
It is smooth and silky with a strong ginger taste. Wash, peel and cut the ginger into small pieces. Grind the ginger with an electric grinder. You can have Ginger Milk Pudding using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ginger Milk Pudding
- It’s 25 g of ginger (yield about 1 tablespoon ginger juice), adjust to taste.
- Prepare 1 of large egg white.
- Prepare 125 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of honey (can be substituted with sugar), adjust to taste.
This ginger milk pudding is a tricky dessert is actually not easy to make as there is neither gelatine or egg in the recipe, but it will naturally set into custard form if the temperature is right. Steamed ginger milk pudding, a ginger-infused sweet custardy milk pudding is a delicious traditional Chinese dessert that is very easy to prepare and is extremely comforting, healthy and nourishing. The strong aroma of ginger makes this silky milk custard so warm and appealing. Ginger milk curd, also known as ginger-juice milk curd, ginger milk pudding or simply ginger milk, is a Chinese hot dessert originated in Shunde District, Guangzhou in the Guangdong Province in southern China.
Ginger Milk Pudding step by step
- Scrape off ginger skin with a spoon or peeler. Then grate it with microplane or the finest grater into a mesh strainer. Press grated ginger against the strainer to squeeze out the juice..
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Stir in honey until dissolved. Pour mixture into egg white. Whisk to combine..
- Into the bowl of ginger, strain the mixture to remove any foam. Stir to fully combine. Cover the bowl with foil..
- Place into a steamer. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes before opening the lid. Then uncover and enjoy it hot or chill it for a cold version..
The main ingredients are ginger, milk, and sugar. Water buffalo milk is used in the original recipe. Ginger milk pudding is a very warm and soothing recipe made using ginger, milk and sugar. Ginger milk curd, also known as ginger-juice milk curd, ginger milk pudding or simply ginger milk, is a Chinese hot dessert originated in Shunde District, Guangzhou in the Guangdong Province in southern China. The main ingredients are ginger, milk, and sugar.