French Toast Bread Pudding. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, honey, orange zest, vanilla, and salt. This French Toast Bread Pudding is a make ahead dish that will have your loved ones running to the table even before the alarm clock goes off! Last week was totally, really crazy for my family.
I used leftover wheat bread, and threw in some sauteed mushrooms. Set out a large shallow pan for the water bath. Using spatula, lightly press down on bread to moisten completely. You can have French Toast Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Toast Bread Pudding
- You need of Day old bread or rolls, cubed.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/3 Cup of milk (dairy or nut).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 dash of all spice.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s of Syrup of choice (we use a premade sugar free syrup).
Pour over the diced french bread and mix to make sure all the pieces have been coated. It's crispy on the outside, tender and gooey on the inside, with all of the flavor and coziness of traditional french toast, and none of the fuss. Think of a French bread as your wild-card choice. Cut on a diagonal for larger slices, this firm-crusted bread has no problem soaking up custard and staying sturdy.
French Toast Bread Pudding instructions
- Find food storage container and fill with cubed bread. I used leftover rolls from my "Unexpected dinner rolls" recipe..
- Mix together eggs, vanilla, milk, and spices. Beat well and pour over top of bread. Seal lid and store in fridge overnight..
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pour bread mixture into baking dish and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes..
- Portion out and drizzle with syrup..
Unlike brioche, challah, and sandwich bread, a baguette makes a French toast and bread pudding with more of a chewy bite. Reinsert basket and select START/PAUSE to resume cooking. Instant Pot Bread Pudding is a delightful, pillowy-soft french toast bread pudding with warm cinnamon flavors and a hint of vanilla. Made with sprouted wheat bread, apples, low-fat cream cheese, egg whites, and a touch of sugar and spices, you'll get all the decadent goodness of a bread pudding in a nutritious package. Back to basics with recipe ratios.