Mango Pudding. First, let me describe how is the ideal mango pudding in my mind: Melt-in-the-mouth silky finishing; A strong mango flavor in the pudding without artificial flavoring agent). Smooth texture; Clean finishing with a shiny surface like a mirror, Tender and soft, firm enough to hold its shape but breaks when poking with a spoon. Remove from heat, and blend in mango, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, rum, evaporated milk, eggs, and salt.
We use more commonly available gelatin and add sweetened condensed milk for a touch of creaminess. Use a very fine sieve for the smoothest texture. A popular dessert at Chinese restaurants, mango pudding is more similar in texture to a pot de crème than a traditional egg custard. You can have Mango Pudding using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mango Pudding
- It’s of Mango Jelly.
- You need 1 sachet of instant mango jelly (15 g).
- You need 1 of mango (cut into small diced).
- You need 120 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil / sabja seeds.
- You need 700 ml of water.
- It’s of Mango Pudding.
- Prepare 1 sachet of agar powder (7 g).
- It’s 2 of mangoes.
- It’s 700 ml of milk.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- You need 40 g of condensed milk (optional, you can add more sugar).
This mango pudding is simply the best. And it's also one of the easiest to put together. What makes it extra good is the fact that it is made with coconut milk instead of whipping cream or regular milk. Unlike dairy products, coconut milk brings out and enhances the taste of the mango, plus adds that touch of richness you're looking for in a.
Mango Pudding instructions
- Prepare Mango Jelly ingredients. Soak basil seeds in hot water for 10 minutes until translucent coat is formed..
- Mix jelly powder, sugar, and water together in the pot. Heat with medium fire until it boiled. Turn off the heat and let it a bit cool around 7 minutes, then pour it into the mold. Put mango and basil seed into mango jelly. Chilled it on the fridge for 30 minutes until jelly is firmed..
- Prepare Mango Pudding ingredients while waiting. Take mango and a bit of water into a blender. Grind into smooth puree. Mix mango puree, agar powder, sugar, milk, and condensed milk in a pan. Heat with medium fire until it is boiled. Turn off the heat and let it a bit cool. Pour the pudding mixture on top of mango jelly. Chilled it again on the fridge for 2 hours until it totally firmed..
- Serve while it chilled ✨.
Mango pudding is a simple dessert made from fresh mangos, coconut milk and sugar. The pudding has a rich and creamy texture and is served cold, usually with a fresh mango garnish. The key to this recipe is a great mango. I use champagne mangos because they don't have the threads found in other varieties that can stick between your teeth. Mango pudding recipe with step by step photos – smooth, velvety and soft Thai mango pudding made with coconut milk.