Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can cook Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- You need 1 can (300 ml) of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 can (350 ml) of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- It’s of Caramel.
- Prepare of White sugar.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan step by step
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Then add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla..
- Strain the mixture twice to remove lumps and bubbles. Then set aside..
- Place 2 tablespoons of white sugar in your llanera and melt it in direct heat from your stove. Melt until its golden brown..
- Set aside the caramel to harden..
- Boil water in your steamer. Once its boiling, set fire to low heat. This is very important. As you do not want your leche flan to get overcooked..
- Place your leche flan mixture in your llaneras and cover with foil..
- Place them in the steamer and cook for 30-45mins.
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.