Cornbread Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Stir in cornbread mix just until blended. Mild and hearty cornbread pudding – perfect for a baked side dish!
There are just a few ingredients in this corn pudding which makes it that much easier to mix up. Stir in corn and creamed corn. Cornbread Pudding is a delicious way to use up leftover skillet cornbread! You can cook Cornbread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornbread Pudding
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of cream cheese soft.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 box of cornbread jiffy.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 can of cream corn.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of frozen corn (1 bag will do).
- You need Dash of salt.
- You need 2 of tea. Nutmeg.
Cornbread cubes are spread in a baking dish, sprinkled with green onions, fresh herbs and cheese, then covered in a mixture of eggs and milk and baked until bubbly and lightly browned on the outside, delicate and custard-like in the center. Place bacon in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Once bacon starts to crisp, add onions and sauté until onions are soft. We always make this at Thanksgiving!
Cornbread Pudding step by step
- I use my crockpot, but can do in the oven @ 350. Spray pan or crockpot with cooking spary..
- Mix cream cheese, eggs and sugar. Add cornbread mix, butter,milk, cream of corn, frozen corn, salt, nutmeg. Mix all together, pour in pan or crockpot..
- Crockpot- place a paper towel between lid and crockpot. 2-4 hrs on high. Cook in pan till it drowns. Crockpot- cook till it’s starts to pull away from the sides, the last 30mins remove lid to help it brown up or can just brown the top in the oven for 5-10 mins or so..
- Crockpot- my crockpot I can place the dish in the oven, I used my smaller crockpot don’t use a big one, can use the casserole crockpot if you have one. This is what it looks like when you brown it in the oven.(also the only picture I have of this dish.).
This is NOT the "souffle" type corn pudding that most people make. I am a CORN fanatic, so I love this recipe. Is great for Thanksgiving, but is easy enough to make for an everyday meal. Cornbread pudding is the best of both worlds when you're torn between serving corn pudding or spoon bread, both favorite Southern side dishes. This Corn Pudding Recipe is the perfect side dish to serve for Thanksgiving or any time of the year.