Chocolate Pot De Creme. Pots de crème are French desserts that mean 'pot of custard' or 'pot of cream'. And in this case, it's a literal pot of chocolate cream, and oh so good. They are rich, decadent, and a chocolate lover's dream.
This perfect little chocolate dessert comes together easily. First, add the chopped chocolate to a blender. Next, combine the milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. You can cook Chocolate Pot De Creme using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pot De Creme
- It’s 24 oz. of Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 5 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of Milk.
Cook until thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. With a fork, stir chocolate mixture until smooth, then gradually stir into yolk mixture. Chocolate Pots de Crème don't have many ingredients – so a great quality chocolate will make a big difference.
Chocolate Pot De Creme instructions
- Place Chocolate chips in seperate heat proof bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks to smooth texture in mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, milk, & heavy cream in small pot. Continously stir on high till boil.
- Combine milk/cream mixture to egg yolks by whisking in bowl then, add back to pot..
- Whisk custard on medium low heat (do not break the eggs) for aprox. 4 minutes..
- Add custard to chocolate chips, whisk together..
- In a blender, blend pot de creme mixture until smooth.
- Pour in ramekins and serve..
Put the chocolate into a medium bowl. Combine the cream and milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Be sure to check them before the recommended baking time since ovens also vary. In a heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a boil. Remove from heat; whisk in chopped chocolate until smooth.