Eggnog rice pudding. Combine cornstarch and remaining eggnog until smooth; add to pan. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, cherries, vanilla and salt. Eggnog is one of those things that I love the flavor of, but can't quite enjoy drinking straight.
Use leftover eggnog in rice pudding to make it extra creamy. One of my favorite things to make with leftover eggnog is this Eggnog Rice Pudding. Eggnog is a great ingredient to add in rice pudding because it makes it so rich and creamy. You can cook Eggnog rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggnog rice pudding
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk (substitutes can work, does change flavor).
- It’s 2/3 cup of white sugar (more or less if desired).
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar).
- It’s 1-2 of table spoons cinnamon (more or less to taste).
- You need 4 of eggs (beaten).
- You need dash of nutmeg for garnish (gives the nog flavor).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Ever since I made eggnog rice pudding for the first time, I'm hooked. How to make Eggnog Rice Pudding. Combine cooked rice, milk, eggnog, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in some of the hot eggnog mixture.
Eggnog rice pudding step by step
- In an enabled pot (or if you are patient any pot on low) heat up the milk, when it starts to simmer ever so slightly put in beaten eggs (always stirring) then add sugar, cinnimon, salt, vanilla..
- Once thoroughly mixed, add rice. Remove from heat (unless using cold rice, then let heat up a bit on burnner). Now desired consistency is up to you, if left this way tends to be thick, just stir in milk a little at a time till a freer desired consistency..
- Pour or scoop into bowls and garnish with nutmeg, can be served hot or cold..
EGGNOG RICE PUDDING is so fast to make and probably the ultimate Holiday comfort food, it has to be a Christmas dessert for you this year! Growing up I couldn't wait for the eggnog to come out! The rice is tender and the raisins are chewy and the pudding part is so creamy. Add in eggnog flavor and it's like heaven in your mouth. Pour in the eggnog, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.